Effective date: October 01, 2017
Welcome to Bea.rs ("Bea.rs," "we," "us" or "our"). Bea.rs is a website where people can meet, exchange messages and interact with each other.
- Our Policy applies to all visitors, users, and others who access the Service ("Users").
Click on the links below to jump to each section of this Policy:
- Information We Collect
- How We Use Your Information
- Sharing of Your Information
- How We Store Your Information
- Your Choices About Your Information
- Minor's Policy
- How to Contact Us About a Deceased User
- How to Contact Us
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect the following types of information.
Information you provide us directly:
- Your username, password and e-mail address when you register for a BEA.RS account.
- Profile information that you provide for your user profile.
- User Content (e.g., photos, comments, and other materials) that you post to the Service.
- Communications between you and our support team.
- We use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your device or our Service, including the web pages you visit, screen resolution and other information that assists us in improving the Service.
Cookies and similar technologies:
Log file information:
- Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you make a request to access (i.e., visit) a web page or app. It can also be provided when the content of the webpage or app is downloaded to your browser or device.
- When you use our Service, our servers automatically record certain log file information, including your web request, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information.
- Metadata is usually technical data that is associated with User Content.
- Users can add or may have Metadata added to their User Content including a hashtag, geotag, comments or other data. This makes your User Content more searchable by others and more interactive.
2. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- help you efficiently access your information after you sign in
- remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service
- provide personalized content and information to you and others, which could include online ads or other forms of marketing
- provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Service
- develop and test new products and features
- monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns
- diagnose or fix technology problems
3. SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
4. HOW WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
Storage and Processing:
- Your information collected through the Service may be stored and processed in the United States, Brazil or any other country in which Bea.rs or its Service Providers maintain facilities.
- Bea.rs or its Service Providers may transfer information that we collect about you, including personal information across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are located in the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. and Brazil laws, please note that we may transfer information, including personal information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction.
- We use commercially reasonable safeguards to help keep the information collected through the Service secure and take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. We use SSL certificates to ensure a cryptographed and secure communication between you and the Service. However, Bea.rs cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to us or guarantee that information on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
- Please do your part to help us. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to emails between you and Bea.rs, at all times. We are not responsible for the functionality, privacy, or security measures of any other organization, including those you use to connect to Bea.rs.
5. YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
Your account information and profile/privacy settings:
- Update your account at any time by logging in and changing your profile, settings, email and password.
- Unsubscribe from email communications from us by unchecking the checkbox "I want to receive promotions from this website here and by email." in your "Promotions" icon in the Website's Control Panel.
How long we keep your User Content:
- Following termination or deactivation of your account, Bea.rs may retain information (including your profile information) and User Content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, audit and/or legal and legislation
6. MINOR'S POLICY
Bea.rs does not allow the use of the Website or the Service by anyone who is not of legal age in their region for the use of such service. If you know of anyone using the Site or Service that is under age, you must inform us immediately thru the link "CONTACT US" on the right upper menu, and we will cancel this user's account immediately.
7. HOW TO CONTACT US ABOUT A DECEASED USER
In the event of the death of an User, please write us thru the link "CONTACT US" on the right upper menu. We will usually conduct our communication via email. Some additional information could be required, so we will contact you at the email address you are registered with.
8. HOW TO CONTACT US